View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Roxie? This is

more along the lines of what I thought SHOULD and would happen.
While I respect your fears about this 'foreign' thing being put into you. I know many IVIG and cancer folks who have and have had them...some for many years.. They all endorse it for the long term. I've followed this issue closely because I've had IVIG for 3+ years and well, I'm running outta good 'hole' sites?
All I can say is that what Brenda said in your earlier posts is key to this all..IT really does make a difference as to the skill of the nurse doing the port 'access'. You will HURT if they are bad, not if they are good...tho maybe a bit uncomfortable...Big difference. I myself think that the nurses you have had for home infusions aren't really schooled about IVIG nor are they skilled at getting 'lines' in. Just my opinion, tho..Finding, Getting and keeping a good IG nurse is like GOLD! Look at how Melody 'fetes' her nurse...I do not do as much, but I do try to show my appreciation in as many ways as possible...Once you find one..never let 'em go!
I figure that I too, will probably have a port in the next year. So, my dear person....I wanna know every single detail...Got it? Hugs and all that! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote