View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Hi Cherie- Thanks for responding. Do you report every attack to your doc? I went and saw a new GP 2 weeks ago, because I am certain that I am having a relapsing of symptoms, and wanted to get into a neuro's office BEFORE it became totally debilitating. But this slow progression is just weird. I feel like everything gets a whole lot worse for 12-24 hours, then gets a little better, which means I am still worse than I was a day before, but better than yesterday... I guess kind of a two steps back, one step forward. I am definitely doing worse than I was when I saw my GP 2 weeks ago- but it's not really anything new, just more disabling. Did that make any sense?

I just don't want to call, go in, and then feel stupid for wasting everyone's time because it's not THAT bad... <sigh> This sucks.
Love your name BTW . . .

From your description, it is continuing to worsen. That's an attack, in my mind.

I generally don't report attacks when they happen, but that is because to date I have opted out of most of our drug options anyway. I just keep a diary, and we review the "highlights" when I go to the doc/neuro the next time (annual check-up or for other reasons).

There have been a few occasions though, where I had to be put off work, or where the pain has been unbearable. If the symptoms warrant medication, then it is worthwhile to make an appt.

I agree with Snoopy's approach, especially since you are not yet dx. They often don't like to talk on the phone, but an appointment might be a good idea at this point.

Cherie