View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Leaving soon to have the trial SCS taken out, sigh.... However the leads have slipped out of the epidural space completely (sometime while I was sleeping) so I'm not getting any stimulation at all today anyway. I don't know if it's because I sleep in strange positions or if being hypermobile could have anything to do with it?? How do some people get 2 weeks out of a trial?

Getting 3 night's good sleep was heavenly And there seems to have been some lingering effect in my hands and wrists as they still feel much better than usual - that's pretty cool. I even drove yesterday with it on (yeah I know it says you're not supposed to - the lawyers put that in for liability reasons, but my Dr says everyone drives with one) It wasn't painful at all, but I had to sit up straight to keep the stimulation working right.
Am anxious to get the permanent one and get it "scarred" in place so I can move about normally without any pain or fear or lead migration!

This SCS is a Precision by Advanced Bionics, I think it's the best one on the market, Lots of advantages over the MedTronics one, and more coverage than the ANS, from the PMs and emails I'm getting from other users. My Dr has put in a lot of them and he has nothing but good to say about them. The rep has been great, called me twice since Friday to see how I am and if I have any questions. The permanent implant will have a guaranteed battery life of 5 years, but Fr says actual is 7-9, and he has seen as long as 12 or more. I should only need to recharge abt every 2-3 weeks as I am at a low power setting.

Gotta run! PM me if you have any questions!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote