View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wondering if this could be the answer?

My DD is 8 and has been diagnosed as Cognatively Disabled. Somedays she is really on the ball and others not. She does very little talking but communicates well non-verbally. She has some autistic tendancies but no one would ever call her autistic. But she is very picky, likes things done just so, a lot of times can't make up her mind. She walked really late and has always been behind.
She was 5 lbs 16 inches at birth and is 42 lbs, I think about 45 inches now...but 6 of those pounds have been put on in the past 5 months. An important point too is her feet havent grown alot in the past few years.
She has always had a tender belly, everything will produce loose stools--it used to be that only Capri Sun juice boxes made them green though, but I have noticed lately that her poop is a lot of times green, but will go from loose to firm in hours. (sorry if it is TMI) so I started doing some googling and came up with this, I do have a call in to our Ped. because we are doing some genetics work next week and would like to test for glutan intolerance too.
Another very important note is we have a STRONG family history of Chrones, but something in me is pulling me towards this...
So has anyone had similar children and noticed a difference after pulling wheat?
Thanks Amie
keetmommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote