View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default HI, and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to see another young person going through RSD.

First off, if you could tell us what state you are in, then someone in that area may know of a Dr. in that state. You don't have to give your town or anything.

Vicodin doesn't do anything for RSD people, from what I have seen. It usually has to be a stronger med. Others will come on here with their list of meds. I am only on Methadone, I can't take a lot of the others. It helps me though. I consider myself to be close to remission though. At least until the weather changes.

Have you had blocks to try and put it into remission? I feel that they can help a lot of people go into remission from what I have seen and went through.

I always worry about my boys ending up with RSD. They are both in sports. One in 7th and the other in 9th grade.

I know if you stay around, others will come on with some help on meds and other things to help with the RSD. Another thing is PT. I don't believe in aggressive PT though. If we were able to do aggressive PT then in my book you could still be doing sports and I don't feel that is the case for anyone. Massage, hot water therapy, accupuncture, Hyperberics, are just a few of the things that seem to work for some.

I sure hope you start getting some relief soon.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote