View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I hope everything goes really well!

Yes, it'll probably hurt, but as long as the IG nurses keep truly really impeccable sterile procedures when plugging into the port you should be just fine. Those I know who have had them say that, yes! it hurts a bit at first, but in the long run it's a no-brainer for infusions...so much easier.
Face it, one can only get 'jabbed' so much for so long? After a couple of infusions when I'd some problems with either the line or the vein...well I felt a desparate need to wear long sleeves? So's people wouldn't 'wonder'? Even in summer.

Brenda - thanks too for your imput! I'm probably going to get to the 'port' issue myself sometime soon. My last infusion my IV nurse was sooo upset about getting bad lines in I was afraid she'd quit on me! That cannot happen, but I hate to see her upset...it affects her professional pride too.
Really, honest input about such things is key to helping others understand the whole process and what all it means in the short and long runs.

Soo, Roxie? I for one am gonna plague you with questions about all the details, as I may have this 'experience' as well soon. Hey! It'll be my turn to ask questions of all sorts! You've beaten me to the punch-so to speak!
HUGS 's and best of 'events' please - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote