View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

To Accidentwalking here-high school student.
My name is loretta,and I'm so sorry you have RSD. It's important that you understand the many symptons of RSD. The more you know and understand what is happening to you will lessen your fear and get control of your health.
Many Drs. really don't have a lot of knowledge about RSD and how to treat it.
People are different in their reaction to medications and treatment. You are in the best place to get procedures that can put you in remission. If you get treatment in the first 6 months you have a good change to get blocks that stop the cycle of pain signals going to your brain. I did not get an accurate diagnosis for maybe 3 years......then the pain signals become independent pain signals. Do a lot of research before accepting a form of treatment.
Ask you Dr. how many rsd patients he has treated. If you decide to get a block, it's done by an anethesiologist. Ask how many blocks he/she has done...I'm so sorry you have this monster of a disorder. Your right, it's difficult for anyone to really understand, even family. That's why this forum'is so wonderful. There are so many wonderful people, young ones in school and college. The people here have a tremendous amount of collective knowledge..Depression goes along with rsd, because the disorder affects the limbic part of your brain that controls emotions. It affects your blood pressure both high and low, your circulation, anti-depressant meds are effective for nerve pain. I am on two different ones. Also anti-seizure meds are effect on nerve pain. Neurotin has been used for years. I was on it for a long time, but I've switched to Lyrica and it is more effective. Besides Vicodin, I also take an anti-anxiety med. Also a sleeping pill occassionally. Two different blood pressure meds. I didn't have blood pressure issues before rsd. My daughter and I snow skied, water skied, played tennis (really we were fanatics) worked out together at a club. It is such a loss to loose being able to do all that. It is life changing. I went thru a serious grieving process. I have full body rsd now for 12 years. Mine started the day after surgery-I had frozen shoulder. I went thru about 100 physical treatments to get the range of motion back. A few months later it moved to the other shoulder- more therapy. Then my left hand was injured-a nerve pull while water skiing. more therapy so painful. use of my fingers is limited. it's like a frozen claw. then moved to other hand then moved down to both feel and lets. About 6% get full body. Where do you have rsd. what treatment plan do you have? Another site that answers many questions is rsdrx.com The puzzle part is very good. Having the right Dr. is so very important. Mine is just wonderful.He is a neurologist, phmacologist, and a phyciatrist. Please let
us know how you are doing. You can share your true feelings, it is such an adjustment in life and we can't do it by ourselves.Everyone here really cares.
Sincerely, loretta jewell from arizone.
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theburasfam (05-01-2020)