View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back from another medical healing adventure

Supp yall I hope yall had a great holiday season.

I just returned from a trip to a fantastic place where I recieved yoga therapy and a one hour chiropractic treatment which included heavyneuro-muscular work.

Fist the yoga therapy;
Overall I think it is good but you need to have someone who is a physical therapist or have a good working knoledge of muscle imbalances to work with you. Bacically the therapist took the problems that I had and gave me good yoga streches for them. 90% of is I was already doing but I learned 10% new things that I was not and I got my poses critiqued (all of my poses needed a little work). The therapist told me that for back and neck problems holding childs poses is one of the best poses you can do and my experence has proved this to be true for me. I also worked with the therapist and developed a totally new pose which there was no name for (we called it churning in a standing postition) which really seems strech my upper back in just the right way.

As you all should know by now I believe that chiropractic is a flaued science and to get me to trust one is not easy but I trusted and went to one on my trip so here is my story;
This Chiropractor volunteers for a non-profit Budist based yoga instutewhich charges people $75 for his service. He weighted about 260lb's and was about 6'4'' he worked on my back with very heavy pressure using neuro-muscular techniques then he adjusted me using a bear-hug type techinque and the usual left side right side and cervical adjustments at the end. Overal it was effective, no major change or anything but I feel improvment from it.

I also learned when you have extreem pain 3-5000mg's of vitamine C is a must (from rose hip is best).

Well after all this therapy and my stedy constant improvment I felt good enough to shoot some clays with my friend and even hop on a 4 wheeler in the snow and I had a blast.

If I can get one messege through to only one person I want it to be that;

"You can heal, You can heal, You, you make it happen not a doctor not a friend or your wife you have to make the decision that nothing except your soul is more in portant than you healing and YOU have to change YOUR life to do it because it is a hard battle when you are damaged"

May God bless and help to heal all who read this
,Mike
1MikeD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote