View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default off to college they go ...

I've been on Azilect as well and, ironically, can't determine if it's helping. The reason it was prescribed is so that I could decrease the amount of Artane that I'm taking. My problem is that I'm too sporadic in what I'm taking (some days 6 mg. of Artane, others 4). I'll see what happens if I take 1 1/2 mg. of the Azilect as well. I truly NEED to get off of the Artane to see if my eyesight improves.

I'm on the bubble of needing to begin Sinemet but figure the longer that I can hold off, the better.

I've been wondering how long others were able to stay on agonist drugs without going on Sinemet. I'm not sure it matters, it's more out of sheer curiosity. I've been on agonists for a little over four years now.

Home situation is still the same - status quo. I'm waiting for our older three college kids to go back to school. One left on Tuesday, one leaves on Sunday, and the third next Wednesday. Our youngest (15 next week) is positively thriving with his siblings back home.

I don't want to make any decisions until the holidays are past and we're back in our routine. To divorce or not to divorce is the question of the day. I'll hit him up with marriage counseling, once again, but it's out of my hands at this point and time. I can only take care of #1 and am doing my best to do just that. I still have my faith and sense of humor - no one can touch either of those!

Here's to college kids going BACK. I love them, but ....

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote