Thread: kitten declawed
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

((Corky))

All of my cats have been declawed (front only), and none of them were biters. I held out as long as I could with my last cat, but he destroyed our couch and stereo speakers - despite the numerous scratching posts we provided him.

After he passed away, I got a Birman kitten and decided not to declaw - no longer cared about the appearance of my furniture. However, there was a mix-up with my son when he dropped her off to be spayed. He wasn't sure of our final decision, so he told them to go ahead with the front claws. I laughed when people told me I should sue my vet. Geesh, it wasn't THEIR fault - guess I should have sued my teenage son.

It turned out to be a blessing because my skin is very fragile due to the amyloidosis. Even with her claws in, I could still feel her claws when she touched my face. She LOVES to play and particularly loves to pretend she's a mountain lion and I'm her prey. She was hiding behind a pillow one day - ears flat, eyes wide, and tail swishing - her invitation to play. I got up close and taunted her. She jumped out and wailed on me - slapping me in the face with all her strength. It was SO FUNNY to me, and those little cotton ball paws didn't hurt a bit. After she "destroys" me, she curls up and cuddles with me.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote