View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face I just have to say....

and pardon me for being blunt...

But I am tired of the media telling me how to live.

If your lifestyle is comfortable for YOU, then who cares?

If it bothers you, then by all means try to change something.

Some people get upset and irritable in chaos. Others, like my husband, feel comfortable with less than perfection. He is not as extreme as his grandfather was, and I have had to learn to live with it. And now in our golden years, I see myself slipping into chaos. When he worked at the office he had a rep for messy desk. He had a sign saying ~~ If a cluttered desk is a sign of the cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of? ~~~ (an empty mind?)
He has the highest clearance rate in his division, for cases. So no one bothers him about the clutter. Today I reminded him about the dining room table...I told him if he cleared up his stuff there, I would work on the studio. This has stimulated him some for this weekend.

What I have observed is that when people are involved in reading, doing stuff, and constantly learning, like we do, STUFF accumulates, and it is hard to find a place to put it after a while.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get my studio in shape. And another
was to clean out my Bookmarks on this computer. So yesterday, I did 3 pages of bookmarks! I am so proud of myself! LOL it is not finished, but much much better.
Today I am going to work on the studio for one hour. I break large jobs into
small blocks of time..and that seems to work better. We've been in this place for about 40 yrs and have accumulated alot. And I admit, I am sentimental! duh? I certainly don't want to feel GUILTY for that!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.