View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face I have never had a problem

with Firefox. I think it is great.

But I was having MEGA problems with that ROUTER!

I searched MANY things including a fix from Winsock for corrupted internet files.

Check out my posts on the computer forum here.

And yes, Google was very slow for us as well. It was NOT Firefox...it was our router!

In the end my son came here and watched this failure, and he thought it was not my computer, but the router. So we bought a new one and bingo...all is well, and my husband and I can be online at the same time with two very
different programs (he uses VPN hook ups).

It was a MESS and ultra frustrating...
I would get those pages, and have to back out several times. And then when the red Xs started I'd have to wait for them to cycle down. After 5 min they sometimes cleared, and sometimes not.
One thing here that ALWAYS stalled me was "edit". I just could not edit anything during this time of malfunction. I don't know what is special about edit... but for me it was RED X's.

Oh, and BTW...have you cleared the cache? You should and see if it is better.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.