View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Ribbon Depression and Clutter and Hoarding!

While we were out the other day my husband said that he could feel the depression starting to creep back in...he's a collector/hoarder...hates to get rid of anything...everything has a use, even if its been sitting there for ten years...its "use" is to collect dust.

Sorry, if it hasn't been used in a year or two, it doesn't need to be taking up space, collecting dust, and getting in my way. I have been known to be a good organizer but that title has slipped through my fingers. I guess it depends on what I am trying to organize.

In recent weeks I have started disposing of odds and ends...more junk than anything....old magazines, my old stuffed animals have gone to a friend's 3 children, I've weeded clothes out of the closet that I know for a fact haven't been worn in 15 years that I know of and maybe longer....and for sure clothes that were way to small....

My question is, is my cleaning stuff out and trying to find the countertops, floors, etc...possibly contributing to his depression starting to return? He's been off his meds for several years, this doctor didn't feel he needed them.

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....