View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Where to Go for PCS...

Hello Jinxy:

If you go to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, and type in closed head injury or just google that you will find a list of symptoms of what PCS, MTBI covers.

If you have over three symptoms and according to you post I counted six or more, you should make an appointment with the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. They are the number one medical clinic that know how to treat brain injury. I went to four local doctor of which the neuro surgen told me that the CAT Scans and MIR did not show anything for him to cut on and when I showed him the symptoms list of MTBI he told me I did not have that injury, that I would just have to learn to live with the headache pains and mood swings.

At the RIC, after an hour and half exam and looking over the same information that four other doctors did, I was told I had post concussion syndrome, MTBI and deep depression. I started treatment with DR. Kraus at the University of Illinois at Chicago and started EEG-Bio feed Back at Midwest Neurofistness in Champaign, IL. Both of these are listed with a google search and you can get information that will help you understand what is going on.

You local doctor will only admit that he can't find what is wrong, so it must be depression and give you drugs that will only make it worse.

It took me over three years to get somebody to believe me, and even when that happens your family member will not believe that just a simple knock on the head can cause this much damage, but only tell you that you just have to shake it off and just get back to work and you will be fine.

Please check out the RIC AND Dr. M. Kraus at the UI-C on PCS.

Hope this helps you.. By the way I have a list of PCS, AND MTBI web sites that would be of help if you care to know about them.
mark_sp2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote