View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been in pain since ACDF 5-6-7 back in 04..my lumbar is shot too but the pain generated from my neck is very different than what it was pre op. It is deeper, more central, and radiates up my neck to the head and spreads across the top back.

I've talked about it with doc. No suggestions. I just take a pill in the afternoon to get a vacation from it..need one quick too.

PT? Lord. They never prescribed any PT for me where I had to exercise at all. It may be due to the extent of the damage?..dunno. I got my neck rubbed on and head moved around to break up some scar tissue but that was it. They act as though I should do just about nothing. I've learned to take it easy but of course I can do nothing.

Oh...one old symptom is back. When I outreach my arms to do something..say wash dishes at a sink, my back feels immediately as though I have a bad sunburn...weird.

All I would say to an ACDF person is especially if they told you how extensive the damage was and if you are over 50...like me, that two month recovery thing is BS. It was a year for me to get where I could do anything without hurting myself and I know I'll never be right again but I am trying to adapt. Just trying to deal with that everyday.

Good luck to you and may you get relief soon!
jb
ejbpesca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote