View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jo and Beth...thanks for your replies.

Beth, thanks for sharing your story. It gives me a little more insight as to what I'm about to face.

The only thing is..my incision will be in the neck and not under the arm. I'm a bit scared on this but it's the best option for me. I have been told this by several physicians now and was told my TOS is severe and the surgeon needs to go in through the neck to get a better look at everything. Also my surgeon is most experienced with that method.

I'm a bit worried what eating will be like after the surgery...going to the bathroom, etc...How do you get up to go to the bathroom? Will I need to eat through a straw? Chewing moves your neck...everything moves your neck so I don't know how this is gonna go.

I have plans to take my robe and slippers and I will be in no hurry to leave. My pain mngmt doctor told me I need to stay until I'm comfortable. Since they can manage my pain in the hospital better than at home.

My pain mngmt doctor is really good. She said I am a "classic TOS" and no doubt "requires surgery". She can't believe how long I've been going without anything for pain. She siad the tightness and pain is even obvious to her. She said this surgery should give me relief but is concerned that I will always have pain and problems due to the severity of my TOS. I couldn't eat all day today because I couldn't swallow. It's horrible! I can't stand this and I cried all the way home. She said I should look at applying for disability as she believes I will never be able to return to work. PEACHY!

She is trying something new with me. She has mixed some anasthetics and medicine into a cream for me...well a special pharmacy is doing it per her orders. I will get it tomorrow. She feels that my whole system is screwed up and I am sensitive/allergic to just about everything. I can't seem to tolerate medications into my blood stream. Ever since the allergic reaction to those trigger point injections. So she wants to try this and see if it will work. It's also something I can use post op. I can rub it around my incision on my neck. It just can't go on the incision. She is also having me try baclofen. Just 1/2 a pill once a day to see if I can tolerate it. I'm willing to try but this is crazy. It's also very expensive!

I can't type anymore...catch ya later.

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote