View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default why am I letting this get to me?

I'm absolutely sobbing now. Why have I let an inconsiderate remark from a complete stranger ruin my night?

I belong to a MB for parents adopting from China. It's huge but everyone there is very considerate. One person vented over an inconsiderate remark a person said that their coworker's daughter made and it was pointed out very prominently that the daughter had MS.

The response from some anonymous asshole was. "And to add.... I might have been in a very not-so-happy-friendly state and would have said that the Chinese government doesn't handover any of their babies to someone diagnosed with MS"

My heart is breaking now. My fear is that we won't receive a child. The process has now gone from a wait of 18 months to 5-7 years and my biggest fear is that somewhere along the way, they'll find a way to disqualify us. The line is very long and they've already started weeding out cancer survivors. I'm so vested in this program financially and emotionally that seeing some asshole say in print that people like me don't deserve a child, really tears me up. I just wanted a child. I thought China was a good way to go. Unfortunately, I didn't find out the real story on the program until I was entrenched in it. Now it's awfully hard to get out and I have jerks posting that I shouldn't have a child.

Some of you know that my mouth has a hard time staying closed. I think I was pretty calm in my response, but I made it clear that it was out of line and that people with MS make great parents. Why can't I let this go?
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote