View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Got a check in 4 months. Go Figure...

From all the stories I have seen about SSDI, when I filed I expected to be turned down a couple of times, I already had a lawyer lined up.

I filed in May and did not hear back. In Sept they contacted me, saying they had lost my files. Could I resubmit? I went up in person, talked to the lady and I had a full payment check within 4 months.

I am on morphine for pain, have severe GERD, Vocal Cord Dysfunction, I was running a pulse ox in the low 80s a lot, high blood pressure, Bursitis, Restless Legs Syndrome and my brain is broke. When I quit breathing, my brain does not know it and there is a good chance I will die. So I sleep on a Ventilator. My Pelvic floor was damaged in a car wreck and my bladder does not work right. The morphine causes constipation that creates more side effects. I could not work in an office. Oh yeah, carpal tunnel from a compressed disc, in both hands of course. My lower back is so damaged it can't be repaired with current technology. I am also on oxygen and heliox.

I am sure there are other things wrong with me, I just can't remember them, a side effect of the the morphine.

Honestly, I don't even make a good door stop!!! But I got a check in 4 months. I would far prefer to have none of these problems and have a life.
dllfo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote