Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Headaches...

a big problem for many of us here. Mine got DX: occipital neuralgia

one source of good info..

http://www.painmanagementrounds.org/crus/painmgt_07.pdf
can google for more ....

THese head pains manifest in many ways; from tension to migraine or even cluster headaches. Can be difficult to DX and treat.

I've tried many meds, OTC, herbs, alternatives..... I've had some nerve blocks that did help ---duration of relief varied from few days to weeks. THis was a mix of Sarapin--extract of a bog plant and lidocaine.

My neuro has been wanting to BOTOX, which was approved by insurance w/ a high co-pay but then a problem w/ DR office getting the drug!! Just heard they got some . I was scheduled to go yesterday but woke too sick to travel to DR. I'm rescheduled in 2 weeks. Wish I could've gone as these headaches can be and are often debilitating as well as crazy making.

I also wish my neuro was still easier (closer) to get to.... an all day ordeal just coming & going... but it's harder to find a "good" DR esp a neuro....

Will update and hope for BEST for ALL...

wanted to add I do have HX of migraines, pre-TBI/PCs.... and "these" headaches are different but can & do at times feel like migraines, as well as tension & other kinds of headaches..... (I think I already said [some]that?

Sorry... the headaches & other pain has been reaaly bad ....

I didn't mean to crash this THREAD; thoought I was starting a new ONE>>>> sorry... If I knew how to move I would ...
** can anyone more 'puter savy or w/ more brain ability do this??? please HELP

I did want to reply to this thread on pain of pain mgt..... but more than I can handle..now

Last edited by pono; 01-05-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: wrong thread-- apology......
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote