View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Over the counter, for dry eyes, my favorite is Refresh Gel--it makes my eyes feel better. The doc tells me to use it at bedtime cause it does tend to blur your vision for a short time, but I use it anytime cause it does coat your eyes better. There is regular Refresh and he also recommends Systane. He frowns on any of the other products on the market that is over the counter. By the way, I work for an optomitrist. I too, am diagnosed with dry eye--he says because of my age and hormonal reasons, he refuses to believe it's autoimmune, I mean, you know, it can't be because I have celiac disease, geez!!!! He didn't diagnose that, so it can't be true!!!!

I can try and get a diagnosis code for you this morning at work, although, I am not sure if there is one for Sjogrens, specific to dry eye. I do know there is a code specific to dry eye, I use it all the time, but do not have it memorized...my memory is shot, I am surprised I remember my name!!!!!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote