View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Pono

First - yea on the ivig and your "help" - they did the same for me and I hope to start up in a few weeks!

Sorry you are having more symtoms though.... couple of thoughts - starting up the IVIG again may trigger more symtoms at first as far as feeling fluish, headaches, etc... until your body gets used to it again... some people see radical change - others its subtle but useful - more energy - better balance- ability to think clearer - strength - less numbess/pain/tingling etc from PN...... your doc will probably do strength tests, bloodwork, etc to be able to show you are benefiting.....

ALso, total change from IVIG but possible symtom cause - there is a very strong form of the flu this year - type A - and it lasts for weeks and weeks - fever - headache - stomach - etc... one thinks they are better and then it comes right back...... you could be fighiting with that right now too - and you need to listen to your body and rest to get over that.....

Sounds like you are dealing with so much - I'd try one thing at a time - the migraines, after watching someone suffer trememdously from them for days at a time - i know are devestating and can be completely debilitating on their own, and I hope they can help you with those..... when getting IVIG - I'm sure they are pre-medicating you for headaches - but if not - I'd be sure to really down the pain killer the doc prescribes before you begin them.... (and also in regards to headaches, they have done brain MRI right? - if not - I'd insist - and there are neruos that specialize just in headaches - and may be worth a visit to)

Take care
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote