View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi pianoplayer,

I think the ulnar and shoulder pain have returned because you went back to the same occupation. Who could blame you though, doing what you love. My daughter is a singer and dancer so I know the passion performers have for their work. I also agree with Jo that maybe you should try to cut down for a while so as to use the time to get through this flare. All the PTs kepot wanting me to strengthen my shoulder girdle with those nasty bands. That's where I drew the line and refused. Then I started water therapy. A little easier to try to strengthen the shoulder in water. I've had all the surgeries for cubital tunnel, tennis elbow, radial nerve release, carpal tunnel release, all this right and left, sometimes three procedures in one surgery. and ONE ribresection on the left of which I say I will never do the right side-I'll cut it off first...They sent me home on the same day!!!!

The exercises you learn with a good PT you will need to do for life as one surgeon said. I've slacked off lately and I can tell a difference. But I'm looking for a job now through WC one where I will most likely end up having the whole parade of symptoms and surgeries return, they just don't get it.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, wish you good luck in your recovery.

Sandy
sandy1955 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote