View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Mrs D for your information. Unifortunately i am not able to find many things you do have in the states. Sometimes i can fin them but they have different names, brands...

Regarding to the Candida, this is what i think but i need help to put it into perspective. I was reading several articles related to Candida. Some of them state that once antibiotics have been taken for long perios, Candida grows and can eventually migrate to other parts of the body. When Candida migrates it causes hormonal and endocrine disorders, which manifest in many symtoms, out of which i have many. Some of them are PMS, menstrual irregularities, cramps, hypothiroidism, chronic cough, numbness and tingling... So i think candida has entered my bloodstream and has partially been causing my burning symtoms. I also read that candida is related to autoimmune disease. They explain in very simple and non scientific terms how the systemic use of antibiotics in the last 50 years has caused the appearing of new sicknesses (autoimmuned) that were rare or non existing before. According to these articles i read, when Candida migrates to the bloodstream it causes an autoimmune and inflamatory response, it also produces alcohol in the blood whic can lead to more inflammation. So i basically think that since before the onset of my pn symtoms i had been taking oral antibiotics for more than a year, this could be my situation. I am thinking about undergoind a "program" that would include diet, oral intake of probiotics and some antifungal medicine. I just want to know what you think of this. If you think this is woth it and if you beleive there's a real connection with the pn.
Monica de Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote