View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default How do you make something your home page?

I used to be able to remember how to do this but forget it. I'm still sharp as a tack in doing stuff on the computer, but my short-term memory is driving me nuts. I'm either super smart and just absent minded or I'm just plain senile.

I'm hoping for the former. lol

Oh, this is interesting. My husband LOVES to download stuff (even when I tel lhim "don't do that". He saw some information telling him he had a virus and t download their virus watcher. It didn't occur to him that we already use Verizon Internet Security Suite, or no, god forbid he should listen to me.

So he downloaded whatever it was that he downloaded, and later on I'm at the computer and I go to my Verizon Internet Security Suite and lo and behold there is no spyware option. I said to him "what did you do?" and of course I got the usual "I don't know".

So I phoned up the verizon tech guy (in the phillipines), and I sat at my computer for 3 hours. Ultimately I told him "can't we just delete the software and re-install it"? and he said "sounds like a plan". So we did.

Everything was as it was, but I lost my MSN home page. I have a yahoo home page now.

It used to be that on the screen somewhere it would say "MAKE THIS YOUR HOME PAGE". but I don't get this option now.

So can someone please tell me again, how to make MSN.COM my home page??

Thanks much...and no, I didn't kill him. Not yet anyway. I'm having too many laughs watching him sing Celebration on youtube. lol

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote