View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Paula-

Gosh, I just feel so darn lucky!!! I get to be normal again. There are not many people who got so bad as I did who have been normal again for years.

I like your sig line, I do life one day at a time too, Paula. That helps with life itself.

I had tremor too, it was actually really embarassing for me to have the symptom set that I did because I am clean & sober and my progression inculding balance problems, slurring of my words, getting really slow and
tremor and sudden spastic falls- anyway, I found it embarassing in that I
was afraid people would think I had lost my sobriety. By then I was so weak
I did not go out much anyway, but I stopped wanting to go out when the slurring and tremor started- my hands would shake badly- because I became so self-conscious that people would think I was drinking.

Anyway, I am glad to be alive and be able to walk and oh, I had claw hand too- I often as a way to get grateful just open & close my hand and that simple act makes me happy because when I was sick I could not do anything
not even move my hand normally for 2 seconds!

So Lyme CAN present as Parkinsons but it is rare in my experience- the woman in Sacramento did get her life back though- like me she did longterm IV Rocephin- and she like me ALSO had Babesiosis.

Tremor is a common Lyme symptom and many Parkie symptoms are common lyme symptoms- there is crossover in symptoms-

In our local group we have never had a Parkie person in 8 years now- the closest would be me- but it has been known to happen- more commonly we've had over a dozen MSers, hordes of firbo & CFSers, 3 lupus people, 4 ALSers, 1 Alz, 1 RSD, 1 other kind of muscular dystrophy I always forget (dermomyocystis?) and a few people with movement disorders.

Take care all-
Best wishes,
Sarah
SarahO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote