View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a collar when i came out of surgery and for my night in the hospital, but took it off when I got home. I only wore it for one short car ride and one pre-Christmas trip into the grocery store.

Beachbum, I had surgery same day as you. My pain wasn't as bad pre-op as yours was - numb fingers, pains down the arms-- but not to the extent of yours. At the three week mark, I'm not having trouble with pain much, just muscle spasms in my left shoulder (all my trouble was on the right). I take Flexeril for that, no problems for the most part. I do still have the throat lump sometimes and that bugs me.

I don't regret this surgery either, at this point ... I'd do it again. Things so far at the three-week mark are going well and I am thankful for that!!

Good luck,
Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbumz757 View Post
I didnt have the traditional collar either. I had a soft foam looking thing, like you would see someone where for whiplash. He said I didnt need the other collar. A friend had the same surgery as you and me, same branch diff doc, and she was given the hard like collar.
Redhotbeads is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote