View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimike View Post
Hey mate, i had a L4 - S1 fusion with instrumentation 1 year ago and its been fantastic!, i have posted my story here because when i researched this before my op. all i read about were horror stories and it freaked me out, so i wanted to post a positive story to encourage those who are researching like i was, as i say its been one year with no stress issues on anything else... i'm back to my old self again! , it does feel weird some days, like someone has there hand around my spine inside me, but its a good feeling , a secure feeling and no pain! check out my story

Michael
Hi Mike. A fellow Kiwi here. I would love some details on where you had your surgery in New Zealand. I am an incomplete paraplegic of 38 years duration who is suffering from spinal stenosis. Surgeons have said they would operate if I insist but no promises of reducing the pain and no improvement in walking as being a para for such a long time, I should expect to end up in a chair. I don't accept that because I am deteriorating because I can't walk far because of the pain. I'm highly motivated, healthy, work fulltime, garden, renovate my house etc. etc. I try to exercise and keep core strength up but that too is limited because of the pain.
What other options did you look at before surgery. What about steroidal injections? I just can't accept that I should sit in a wheelchair when I have muscle strength that can be utilised just as it has been for the last 38 years!!
Look forward to your or anyone's suggestions.
Lyndylou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (04-27-2011)