Thread: Our daughter
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am not sure about your question about the EEG-- thats one you'll have to talk to her neuro about.

As for her falls they could be seizures and they could be other things too. There is a seizure type known as a "drop" or atonic seizure-- and during the seizure the person will typically loose all muscle control in part or all of the body, then get back up and resume whatever they were doing... Lasts maybe a few seconds at most and there is no real post ictal time; the person also does not usually loose consciousness during it. So, it could be a seizure; but could be something else entirely--such as a fainting spell, cardiac related or even other neurologic conditions can have this as a symptom. Only a neuro or an EEG would be able to guide you on what it is or could be.

As for the nausea and bowel issues--- a sensation known as "epigastric rising" can be part of a simple partial seizure, however, what you describe does not sound like epi gastric rising. What you describe sounds gastro intenstinal related. The nausea, actual stomache pain, and the fact that it responds to anti nausea meds and relieves her symptoms make me think GI issues. I also deal with a lot of a nausea from time to time which is medication related, and responds to an anti nausea med and not seizure related. If she is on any medications, it is possible the nausea may be from that. I also have, right now, stomache pain without a definitive cause and my doctors and I are in the process of trying to figure out what is going (it is not seizure related)--although I am the one that seems be attempting to be proactive and really figure it out . Stomache pain is not something that should be taken lightly and my suggestion is to start having the doctors investigate that and try to figure out "why" or at least rule out things.

Hang in there and keep in close communication with the doctors....

L2L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote