View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
I know what you mean Cindy. Some people just love to be unhappy and no matter what the situation, they feel compelled to bring others down around them.

It's easier to drag others down then it is to bring yourself up.

I sit here right now with my mom - someone who has been unhappy her entire life and listen to her constant complaining and wonder why. She has nothing to complain about. It's the idea that unless she is the center of attention, she has no life. In order to BE the center of attention she feels the need to be negative about everything. Something as simple as putting her groceries away turns into a major event because it's never right.

I hear you. A simple idea, anything you try to do for someone who feels they are entitled, will always make a mountain out of a mole hill and never be happy, no matter what. It's not in their nature. Ungrateful.
Well, it is plain, we cannot rationalize the irrational with any ration of rationality.

I do believe that there are those who thrive on negative energy and feed off of fueling it through others; ah, lambs to the slaughter— "Follow me, foolish sheep, I have something ugly and low to show you..." My only hope is that the sheep will loose themselves and run in the other direction.

I can't accept the highlighted notion because in my case, negativity just saps my energy so quickly, it simply exhausts me inside and out. Acting crabby or finding fault and injustice in virtually everything would send me to an early grave. I just don't have the energy to be in a bad mood for days/weeks/months at a time.

When I finish wandering this world, I'd rather be remembered as someone who laughed than someone who grumbled.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom