Thread: Our daughter
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi L2L
Thanks so much for replying.
Our Neuro was thinking it may possibly be related to some kind of night time seizure as its almost always very early morning and Katie is very dizzy at the same time.
Katie has some low muscle tone and low motility. Her chronic severe constipation has been under control during the time these sleep sicknesses have been happening and she has had no real pain from it this last year. But she does still continue to "pass out" during these vomiting spells.
At first I thought she was just picking up virus at school but no one else in the house ever gets sick too and since she is 6 years old and my son 5 there's almost no way he wouldn't get a virus she has. She usually feels better after the anti-nausea meds kick in for a bit too.
She is only on 1 medication for the constipation and has been on it for almost 3 years now with no problems and she has had a complete cardio work up last year because of some possible heart issues related to her chromosome abnormality but her work up was completely normal, Thank God!!
Because of her past history with bowel issues we have regular check ups with her Gastro doctor, she is suspicious that she may have some kind of migraine associated thing going on and so I told that to the Neuro too. Its all so overwhelming and a bit confusing at times. She is so miserable during these times and I feel like things are not moving fast enough to try to solve this for her.
Each time she does this I think if we can just find an answer before it happens again! I'm just feeling frustrated for answers right now and kind of venting I guess.
Thanks for your input I really appreciate it
Lorrine
Lorrine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote