View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Paul,

I'm just wondering if you've happened to find out more about this topic.

I just flew from Prague to New York today and had a very weird experience that made me going on-line straight away and look a bit into this.

I'm almost 32 and got my VP shunt about 2 years ago as a treatment for my hydro.

First of all I flew from Prague to Paris. It was an Airbus Industrie A320, I had no problems until a couple of miles before landing where we descended and started circling and waiting for an approval for landing. Not sure about the altitude but suddenly I felt an extreme pain in my left eye vertical starting in my forehead going all the way through my left cheek. But the pain in my eye was unbearable, I closed my eye, tried chewing but nothing was helping. I felt really dizzy and hoped to have missed my connecting flight to get some extra rest but I didn't.

Paris - New York I flew Boeing 777-300ER Passenger and had no new problems, I felt still dizzy and I can still feel pain in my left eye but obviously the pressure in the cabin must be much better handled.

So this is my experience. Pls. come back and let me know how your son is doing and what's happened to the paper you were writing.

Regards,
Ondrej
ondrej is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote