Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have a story: Two Parts -both true

Part one: When I sold real estate (one of my many career adventures) I went to an appointment one nite with another agent because we were listing this couples house. Around 9:30 the guys wife says "excuse me" and leaves the kitchen table. We were in the middle of finalizing details, and there were still some papers to sign. Well, 15-20 minutes went by and she didn't come back. Finally my partner says "Where did your wife go?" The husband says "Oh, she went to bed." as if it was the most natural thing in the world. We thought he was joking! Then he told us she goes to bed at 9:30 EVERY nite. No-one told US that, and we were in the middle of finishing up...... We just looked at each other. We had to go back the next day to get her signatures. It was a truly strange experience, and I have never forgotten it. My point is: sometimes you have to ignore the world and do the thing you gotta do. I'ts amazing how the rest of the world will accomodate you. I learned a valuable lesson that nite, and I'm about to ressurrect it and use it again. Part two bathroom break if you need it) As many of you know, I'm a sugar addict...I have been monitoring my blood sugar this week and apparently my diabetes is back. When I had gestational diabetes I learned all about being a diabetic, so I know the routine. The rule I lived by was the "Eat and Run" rule: The diabetic nurse told me I had to walk after every meal. I said, "How soon after every meal?" She said "The minute you put down the fork from the last mouthful." I dubbed it the Eat and Run rule, and everybody knew I had to do it or God (or the diabetes nurse) would get me. I did it for 3 months and was 10 pounds lighter at the end of that pregnancy than when I had started, and had great looking legs!! Well I've ressurrected the E&R rule... and come hell or highwater I've committed to living the E&R rule. When I put the last morsel of food in my mouth from that meal, I go to the door, put on my shoes and go walk for 20-30 minutes. I know somedays I will be doing well to get to the front gate and back. I liked Wendy's comment about what she was willing to do because she loves her spring hike. That's how we have to be. I aint gonna preach about this cuz I aint earned the right...YET
**Burkle:What was that quote you sent me from the first headmaster of the B.Y. Academy for boys? I wanted to use it here but can't find it!!!
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (12-15-2008)