Thread: complete newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default On the diet too without testing

We started the diet to help alleviate our son's tic disorder as a last stitch effort to finally see if we could get a handle on it. (He was 3 1/2 when it all began). Because of his age we decided to make our whole house gluten free. In the beginning dh and I would still pick up burgers for ourselves and eat whatever we wanted 'after bedtime' and when we went out, but after seeing such remarkable results with ds (now almost 5) we started to really wean ourselves off of the gluten. After 9 months now we are happy to be gluten free and very reluctant to indulge even when we are out with friends (who can be very convincing, probably because they haven't really got a clue about it.) Dh and I laugh that we must sound like little gluten-free evangelists. LOL.
I think the hardest part is being at a wedding or party with provided food. Dh will still indulge but I try not to. He tested negative to celiac, but I was unable to take the test as I had already been practicing the GF diet at the time. We plan to use enterolabs for genetic testing.
June
junestar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote