View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Opinions on progression of toxic cause of PN

Im asking here for opinions based on experience, reading, research, observation about the progression of my PN and wether it would fit the time frame of a toxic exposure causation or toxic exposure causing repiratory infections which lead to autoimmune response which attack nerves. After reading another thread about how toxin related PN's take a while to become evident and progress, which i have heard before of course, i just want to throw this out there and see what people think. Please dont hesitate to tell me what you think, Im not going to debate it or argue im just interested in input.

I was exposed to numerous toxins over 6 years ago now in a large dose in a two day exposure and then to a lesser degree over the next four months. I developed numerous respiratory infections and asthma a month later and at the same time i noticed that my big toe was partly numb. The progression of numbness and pain from 2001-2005 was relatively equal on both feet and calves and from 2003-2005 on both hands. Since 2005 it has stalled and hasnt progressed in area that i can notice though the degree of numbness has become greater. EMG/ncs have also not shown increased involvement of areas though the areas affected have gone from moderate to severe in the feet and mild to moderate in the hands. Ive had bloodtests for autoimmune causes, paraneoplastic causes, athena, toxins in blood ( not until October 2003, two years later) mri's, spinal tap etc. Nothing comes back positive except emg/ncs.

I have always felt that my PN was cause by toxic exposure or toxic exposure leading to respiratory to autoimmune response. What has nagged at me is that my numbness started a month after exposure at the same time the respiratory infections started. Based on the timing of the start of PN and the rate of the bilateral, equal progression do you think i may be offbase and what i think caused it is unlikely? Thanks.
HeyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote