View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi terrry,

You don't know me and you can't quickly confirm this, but I claim to have read -- and saved -- more research abstracts than anyone else here, and I'm an Internet "old-timer" and have been talking to RSD people for ten years, so when I say I have never heard of a physician trying to link complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) to any abdominal dysfunctuin.

I don't research anymore, but people post a lot of links here, and I try to keep current on the latest RSD/CRPS fads. but I'm sure I would have noticed if anything had been posted here.

It may be that the doc is talking about some other kind of complex pain syndrome, but from the scrips you mention, it sounds like he's treating CRPS. I would love to read his rationale' but doc's don't explain stuff to trouble-makerss like me. Maybe he explained something to you.

You mention weak legs and I would be more comfortable trying to guess if I knew a little more: Stuff like, when he was injured, the kind of symptoms and whether they have changed; I think most of us feel we understand a bit more when we know these thing...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote