View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 04:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Trigger!! Trigger!!

Mondo Beyondo -- 2008

from: http://www.superherodesigns.com/jour...s/2008_01.html

Quote:
The new year is always an exciting time for me. I love wiping the slate clean, buying a new calendar and beginning again. It is such a ripe time for ritual, so if you you would like to join me in one, I would like to invite you to be part of Mondo Beyondo 2008...

The surest way to start fresh and move forward is to be at peace with what came before. You might have had an incredible year, a dull year, or a truly difficult year. Whatever happened, your aim is to celebrate what there is to celebrate about it and grieve what there is to grieve...

Are you with me people?

My challenge for you is to answer the following questions and declare 2007 complete. Rituals can often be even more powerful when others can witness you. You are welcome to do this exercise privately, but I suggest sharing with a friend and/or posting your lists here. You are in good, safe company. (Feel free to post anonymously)

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
(What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)

2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
(What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?

Okay, the next step is to say out loud, "I declare 2007 complete!" How do you feel? If you don't feel quite right, there might be one more thing to say...

The final step is to consider your primary focus for the year to come. What is your primary intention or theme for 2008? Is it the year of joy? the year of self-care? the year of partnership?
Stand up and say it proud, "2008 is my year of...."

(Mondo Beyondo Part Two: Where are you going? is coming soon)
"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning." -George Baker
I've got a HUGE problem with initiative -- just gettings things started -- since my Mom died (1983) ... since my ex-husband died (1996) ... since my son went to prison AGAIN (1997). And the big kick-to-the-curb ... since I retired in 2001 -- not my choice, but, I felt I had no choice at the time.

I've been getting a little bit more depressed every year. A little more detached every year. A little worse in maintaining my life every year.

But, still -- realizing the HUGE accomplishment that THE DOCTOR and I achieved from 1979 to 1984 in getting me to stop trying to kill myself. I HAVE STOPPED

I've spent so much of my life depressed and isolated and protecting myself from ever getting hurt again as much as my Brother hurt me by killing himself .. that I've gotten myself into a place that I don't like very much -- don't like at all.

This Mondo Beyond "Thing" is the first thing that I've seen in years -- decades -- that's what I've been looking for -- a way to accomplish the major attitude shift that I need to accomplish in order to live the rest of my life.

Such a simple thing. Just a different viewpoint on my life. But, such a lovely tradition to start NOW. Forgive myself for last year (and last year, and last year, and last year) and promise myself to do better. What a NICE thought

I care about you guys so much. You've given me a safe, supportive place to be and to go. I'm able to offer support back (which, if you knew my earlier history, after I lost my Brother) is a HUGE DEAL.

Us Bipolar-ers and Borderline Personality Disorder-ers (spellings) are very tightly connected. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out that we're all related way back in the tree somewhere But, BIGGEST of all, we're all slogging along on a very similar journey. Trying to overcome years of being stomped on and trying to find a place to fit. And trying to accept what we've become.

This whole Mondo Beyond list thing is such a simple idea. So easy to think about. And then start. And has such potential for making such a a huge difference.

And yet, what it is is ACCEPTANCE. Such a simple concept. Yet, such a beautiful gift.

HUGS for the room. This is gonna be a good year for all of us:

Barb
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nikko (01-07-2008)