View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Mark

Thanks for the feed back on nuerofeedback, looks like you're making some progress.

I've been studying a`book Getting started with Neurofeedback by John Demos. Learning the technical language and what areas of the brain that have been effected by the trauma/concussion.**Since the concussion happened on the leftside of the brain it looks like the Broca's area and the Wernickes area have been damaged as they two areas have to do with language skills and communication. It also looks like the prefrontal cortex has been damaged, as this area of the brain is responsible for Executive Planning and working memory.

I laid out a grid from the 10-20 International System identifying each area of the brain that has been effected by the injuries and I'm collecting information on these areas to be re trained. I'm a novice at this so the learning curve is huge.

It looks like you can buy the neurofeedback equipment [ hardware and software ] for about $ 1200.00 plus assessment cost and the cost of having a mentor or trainer and do Home Training and this is what I'm in the process of doing. There is a great deal of preliminary work to do before the brain re training even starts.

I've set up a master mind group of 3 men and 2 women to review my plan before I start this work. PCS McGee started a post For those interested in Nuerofeedback on page 3 and there some useful information there on neurofeedback.

Dave Strand stared a Blog on Neurofeedback and it looks like he is making progress. I believe there's a link to his work in the the neurofeedback post.I also watch a video once a week by Robert Scaer Md who specializes in PTSD and Trauma a link to this video is www.Brain State Technologies.com very useful information on understanding Trauma and the long term effects it has on people.

OK Mark take care it's good to read that other people are making progress with Neurofeedback therapy.Jeffn

Last edited by jeffn; 01-06-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote