Thread: Methadone
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tam,

I believe that those who get 'high' on Oxycontin are chewing it in large does. Absolutely insane behavior. Methadone, I have never tried and don't care to unless nothing else was available.

After a few years of trying different pain meds, including Oxy, (which I could not tolerate), my Doc started me on low doses of Kadian. Kadian is a form of morphine in a time-release form. Over time it has been increased, but not really too much.

I found it to be a great option. It does cause some drowsiness and I do not dare think of driving or anything requiring coordination for at least 2 hours after consumption (Once at bedtime and once mid-day. Actually, I feel pretty good, but my husband can always tell when I have taken it. He says I slur my words a bit and seem unfocused...but I FEEL fine!

Anyway, I don't believe it impacts weight, my Neurontin does that, but in the end it's worth the trade off.

I am very concerned about your depression and of course THAT can cause many physical problems that you may not be aware of. Even though your brother had issues with Seroquel, I have found it to be a godsend and it works FAST! Might be worth a try.

I do hope you find the 'right' combination for you this year. It took me about five or six years to find a mix that I can live with and function reasonably...considering.

I have heard a lot of complaints from patients who have tried the spinal stimulator, but again, everyone is different. Consider asking about Kadian and Seroquel. I am VERY sensitive to medications, so they might be helpful to you as well.

Anne
Bi-Coastal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote