View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jennifer....

I have only just let my tutors know (not specifically about the hydro, just about the problems I have occasionally. They are not allowed to ask specifically, or tho the disability officer knows. I gave him a referral letter from my GP to my new neurosurgeon) after having done a Food Techology degree and 1 semester of nursing without any assistance. I don't regret it, because I think it allowed me to show my full potential. Without it, my marks would not have been as good as they were. I have had "panic attacks" like you described you had all through school and university too.

Don't feel afraid to ask for services to which you are entitled. If you are not entitled to them, they will soon tell you. But you are entitled to an "even playing field" and that's what these services are meant to provide.

By the way - I was no good at maths in school, but when I did it in the first year of my food tech degree I got 2 distinctions! I think that proves that I can still do maths, but need the right teacher (had a good tutor and lecturer) and atmosphere to achieve my best.

Nat.
Nat Hyland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote