Thread: new to NP
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I did sprint triathlons while I had PN and didn't know it....once I knew I had PN, I figured out why I was hurting so much and every one else was cruising past me like I was standing still....good thing was I was so old I outlived the competition in my age group and usually got a medal....so what if I was 'last woman walking'. I stopped doing them after the diagnosis, and I am not sure that was wise....it was necessary at the time I guess.

Once the race director told me he was tired of keeping the gate open for the old ladies who did the Olympic distance tri (which is twice the distance of the sprint). I told him to shut up...that was me coming in from the sprint tri.

How do we exercise with PN...depends on who you are and what you did before you found out you had PN....it is about balance and pacing...and common sense...something I seem to lack.

You will have to find your level of comfort...

I am still working on that...some days it involves just getting my billowing behind out of bed....

other days it is swimming, walking or biking...depends on how I feel.

Lifting weights is usually indicated too, but again...depends on how fit you are now and where you want to go. It's tricky, no doubt.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote