View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile New to site

Hi all,
I have had RSD for 10 years. Had minor knee surgery and BAM - RSD in the left knee, then leg, then onto the right knee and leg. I was out of work for 3 years...cou;ldnt walk, drive or anything else. Had to undergo PT to prepare for surgeries to rebuild both legs as everything had atrophied from the RSD. in 00 went back to work and have had flare ups since, usually managed by meds but when it gets real bad i get the blocks. had a block on 12/24 (merry christmas to me ) and will be having another on 1/22....thought I'd see what folks on line had to say and what they thought and felt about RSD....

For me, I make the most of what I have everyday and go to PT in the pool 2-3 times a week after work to keep my legs moving....taking cymbalta for the first time for the RSD....just increased from 30 to 60 and the sweats are slowly starting to subside. Have bumps on tongue from the dry mouth but hope they will go away soom....tried Lyrica - side effects were too much...used to take dylantin, baclofen and flexerill but had to change meds because my body got too used to them.
So thats my story - I am always interested in hearing others and would be happy to answer any questions folks new to this disorder may have....I have always considered myslef pretty lucky as my neurologist also has RSD so he can always relate to what I have to say and how I feel.
In good health to all,
Lisa
imgoodnu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (01-28-2008), Theburasfam (05-01-2020)