View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvicky View Post
Personally I think anything that makes you weaker is not good. If I were to make a choice I would drink alcohol. It is legal for one thing and I think easier to control. Avoid all muscle relaxants such as pain relievers, eccept ibuprofin. If your eyes are tired, try closing them for a full minute or two. It makes a huge difference for me..
Vicky
I've been catching up on the posts and naturally this one caught my eye.HMmmmm,I just had to jump in with my "sage " advice .First of all to the poster wondering about pot or medical marijuana.Growing up in the 70's as a teen when all my friends were partying and I knew I couldn't drink alcohol---half a glass of
champagne would knock me on my butt--not to mention weaken me so much I ended up in emergency room once.Anyway I found out that smoking pot didn't have the effect of alcohol---in fact as I
mentioned to my doctor at the time it did seem to aid in the neurotransmissions and motor funtions as well as general relaxation
and ease in breathing.But,alas,the drug is still illegal and for me once I had to take other medications other than Mestinon I was too
afraid of drug interractions.Also,I always suffered from migraine and
I seriously believe this like alcohol could make that worse.
AS far as Myasthenia ,there definitely was a beneficial effect even
my doctor conceded that might be possible.
cherylannie54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote