View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Hartnett View Post
After just two days of spring gardening, I suddenly developed bilateral RSD in my feet, which worsened over several horrifying months. Somehow I was able to visit a chiropracter and following one of his treatments to my lumbar spine I felt blood flow down my legs to my feet. The nerve irritation in my feet became less acute and began to subside. I soon healed up well enough to wear socks and shoes again and walk for gradually increasing lengths of time over that summer and fall. And, I stopped shopping for a wheelchair.

Then, as I sought added treatment for my lower back I had a disasterous experience with a traction machine at a conventional therapist's office. Suddenly, RSD-like pain began to spread up my back and down my arms, encompassing my head, shoulders and hands. I became home-bound and wracked with intense pain for four years. The diagnosis offered was Fibromyalgia (FMS), and I had a whole host of debilitating symptoms.

Several years later I decided to try both an elimination diet and juicing (carrots and beets at first). Miraculously, within days I could feel my muscles soften and my previously intractable chronic pain condition began to go into remission. Arm hair began to regrow on my arms and most of my FMS symptoms retreated within the first 8 weeks! God was so good to give me my life back and I wanted to encourage you with this story.

I don't believe I am the only one who can benefit from radical dietary modifications. I believe the reason I was so sick was I was not able to absorb the nutrients in food. I needed additional help from the enzymes in whole juices. Anyway, I want to suggest this treatment option to everyone with chronic pain. Blessings to you.
Hello there Maureen!
First of all I want to welcome you to this board! second of all, If this was the case, don't you think we would all be doing this with radical dietary modifications. I do want to "congratulate" you, though on becoming well again. This is my opinion and mine alone.. I do NOT believe in chiropracters at all, never will!) My best friend with whom I grew up in the country with, well her husband went to one of these guys(Chiropracters) and can't walk, has to have nerve injections, casts. The Chiropracter shoved his entire spine up into his head, neck and he was unable to walk, had to go on dissability and is so not himself anymore!! I see this is your first post. So, welcome here again. If your pain does come back, please tell us how, why! ~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote