Thread: Can you relate?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow mestion + Cellcept (with out pred)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Hey Bobcatsrule welcome to the forum.
I have just reached my 5th year of being diagnosed(if I say it quickly it doesnt sound so long) and am comming up for my 3rd month of being on cellcept. My neuro put me on it when I kept having relapses on azathioprine. So now Im waiting to see how the cellcept goes, so far so good. Im also on pred, am just now down to 20mg alternate days, and hoping one day to be not on it at all.
I to have struggled with depression, and am on anti depressants, as if Im not find it very hard to cope.
I use to be on 4 x 60mg mestinon and one timespan at night, am now taking 2 x 60mg daily, which is adequete for me at the moment, I up it to 3 if Im stressed, when the hot weather comes in etc etc.
so from what i'm hearing from you two saints who have given me hope. is that long term management of this disease is possible but it takes a combo of meds and I'm not the only one who has experienced the fun of mestinon insufficiently managing the disease long term by its self. It feels so awesome to know that I'm no longer alone in all of this. that is where a big part of the depression was coming in to play. before finding this community i had no outlet to discuss what i was thinking and feeling and had no way of using my knowledge to help others. i have done an incredible amount of research on this illness and the meds that treat it (i have always been interested in physiology and psychology). so i understand what is happening to me on a intellectual level but not on an emotional or practical level.

question: has anyone tried a combo of mestinon (while it is still working) and then adding cellcept during the initial phase of mestinon therapy?

i ask this b/c i have already gained a lot of weight since i came down with MG (before i was dx i thought i was just tired all the time and i ate to try to boost the energy levels. my neruo is hesitant to put me on pred but i'm wondering if cellcept and mestion alone might be enough to keep me a float on a long term basis?
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote