View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Accum-chem labs

Hi Joe,

John had a lot of blood tested for various chemicals through Accu-chem Labs. www.accuchem.com It was very expensive....around $900 for the panels the doc ordered. Insurance took care of one third of it. They looked for chlorinated Pesticides, Solvents and Organophosphorus Pesticides. This was based on the fact that he has worked with solvents in the past. In his blood they detected two of the chlorinated pesticides...Trans-Nonachlor and DDE.

The doctor did not believe these were major contributors to current health problems but at the same time, said that blood is not gonna give you the full picture and a fat biopsy, like Glenn said, would yield more definitive results of past exposures.

He said the way to eliminate/detox these toxins, or any toxins held in fat, is through infra-red saunas and at the same time supplementing with minerals. I think it involves daily exercise to cause sweating, daily saunas, replacement fluids and minerals.

You may want to look for doctor who specialized in "functional medicine" or orthomolecullar medicine. Google both. Sometimes the labs can give you a name of a doc that looks for this stuff.

John has not done anything with this information yet. He said he is not about to get biopsy done since his platelets are very low and he's not ready to do sauna therapy. I know in the alternative world, this process is used for detox progams that takes about two weeks. I think if your health is good, you can do this in a non-medical setting or without a doctor's support. But in your case, and John's, I think you need to be monitored more closely if you do the full blown protocol.

Marlene
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote