View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm New Here and still looking for answers

Hello,
I am 45 and the mother of 5. Around 3 years ago, I was lifting weights and was lifting weights that were too heavy for me (they were around 250 lbs.). Anyway, I hurt my knees and started going to my family doctor. He said that I had patellofemoral syndrome and just prescribed some naproxen. Well, for several years I kept going back and each time, I told him that my knees and quads were stiff. He referred me to an orthopedic doctor and in 2005, I had a MRI of my knees and it came back fine. My family doctor recently referred me to the orthopedic doctor again and he again ordered a MRI of my knees, but at the same time, he told me that the way I was walking, I needed to see an neurologist and referred me to one. She ordered a thoracic spine MRI which came back fine and now has ordered a cervical spine MRI which I have yet to do (am waiting on the referral). She said that my problem with balance and walking does not lie in my knees but rather with my nerves. She has me on Baclofen 10 mg. 1 tablet three times a day but said that after the MRI, she may try Botox and that should help me. Meanwhile, my orthopedic doctor said that the MRI of my knees showed that both my kneecaps were wearing out and I am in physical therapy for them. After the physical therapy, he said the next step will be braces then surgery to shave off some bone on my knees. I still think my problem is with my knees but the neurologist thinks otherwise. I walk with stiff legs and she said that I have spastic paraplegia. Just want some answers.
msrozhou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote