View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too have done a lot of thinking about why this forum doesn't fly and here are my opinons.

While the forums Lisa talks about are just fine and doing good service to the Als community can you not envision that this one can have the same effect but on a different venue.

There is an ongoing life with Als and while raising money is necessary it is not the be end of the problems those with Als face.

So why can't you exist here Bobby as well as at your other pursuits. I have never mentioned you leaving and yet you seem to at times infer I have. You are great here. But in my own opinion you are an anomoly of someone with Als. You have a great supporting family and many don't.

There are so many that indeed have no one who is willing to stop and spend the time required to talk or listen and give help to the daily grind of their lives.

So you stay and lets just expand the resources here to include those who for that brief period in time need to escape Als. I hope that clears this subject of you leaving away forever.

Lisa

You and I know from experience that a simple hello and how are you doing is the best medicine on some days you can get. That is all i am saying and if you pop in here from time to time leave a message because there is a lot of people out there in the community that admire you and Gary and look for you to see how he and you as well are doing. It all takes the same length of time.

Curious

I have read this site and the former one for over 9 years now and know it can be what I envision and I don't think it is doing well. That is why I am soliciting Pals and Cals to respond and see what they say or want. I know you have had the experience of Als in your life as have I. My Father and my brother and my grandson. A site like this wasn't available to them and how I wish it had of been.

So once again if anyone is coming here to read. Then while you are here please say in your own words what you think.

I don't want to cause any commotion so maybe we could just state our own opinions and not answer to others and start a dixcussion going tht will lead us all astray.

Me I want a site for just plain communication of all aspects of people and not just research and monies.

Can't they all be in one spot ?

Last edited by Thelma; 01-07-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: No reason I can think of save to try and be clear and precise
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-07-2008), Curious (01-07-2008)