View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Julie,

It sounds like you have significant problems with neuropathic hands. My hands have really gone bad in the last year....it is amazing how fast they are going down the tubes...I can not take pressure on them at all. I could not possibly use crutches and put my full weight on my hands.

PN can be so darn disabling, yet people do not seem to understand...it is a tough disease. It sounds like you had crutches that shifted the weight to your fore arms? Am I correct? I am wondering about this, in case this happens to me, which I assume it will at some point.

Have you ever had a muscle biopsy? Mine showed myopathy now, on top of the neuropathy...

I wish we had an organization like the MDA or other sites for folks that have significant disability issues with PN....PN is about pain but it is also about loss of function for a lot of folks.

If you don't have one of those life alerts I would get one of those, and look into the seated walker...like Cathie said...it could perhaps be modified to take pressure off the hands.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote