View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 05:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

Thelma,
I am trying. And responded to one of Jo's threads.
You are absolutely right some people in advance stages of the disease have to spend alot of effort to type. And for some it is just too exhausting period , so I would not want anyone to feel they had to type on any forum as just reading is valuable too. .
But, several PALs in beginning and mid stages can type as well as I can.
( though I know my typing is horrendous and I do not have ALS my husband does)
I understand there may be PALS that read here that simply do not have the energy to respond to post. That is one of the reasons why I think Bobby's posts provide quite a wonderful service on this forum, as there are some PAls who do not have the energy to type at all . Though I know Bobby has to work hard to copy and paste much of what he posts.But his contributions are enormous to this forum and the ALS community at large.
There are other PALS who can type quite well in the beginning stages of this disease and who do on various ALS sites .Many type much more eloquently than I do , and most CALS type alot better than I do as well .
I guess , I just don't understand what you want us to do ? Or how you want the forum to change ?

Alfe, I have not seen Bob of Boston in awhile either. I participate in about 5 ALS forums though I mainly read most of them . But , I have not seen his posts either and wonder as well.
Thelma, if there is anyone I may can help locate, please let me know . I found various PALS and CALS at various sites.

Last edited by lisag; 01-07-2008 at 07:12 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-08-2008), Jomar (01-08-2008)