Thread: Methadone
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

In my w/c situation, I am absolutely tied to these doctors and it took a whole year to get a new pain management doctor. RIDICULOUS! During that time, with help from the pharmacist, I went off of Cymbalta, Lyrica, and quite a few other drugs so as to clean my system up. They weren't working anyways. (I don't need anti-depressants at this time. Believe me, when I need them, I go on them, but now is not one of those times. Sometimes situational sadness just IS, and there is no way to medicate it lighter, when it's a fact that you have to live through. So counseling is better for acceptance.)

During that time, my mother (and family) did not believe me that I could not get a new doc so as to get off of oxy - they were very anti oxy out of pure ignorance - so she began calling the adjuster and she got herself a nice "cease and desist" letter and my attorney begged me not to have her call anymore. I explained to him that I had no control over my mother, but I'd try talking to her.

But the truth is that the oxy worked cleaner, sharper and better for my pain than this Methadone does. Like I said, the Methadone seems to let me have better digestion, but that's about it. I still need more pain coverage so that I can go outside (as I did today) and just be in the sun and see the trees...it was so beautiful today in PS. My aide picked a bunch of lemons and gratefruits that are just billowing off the trees here...and TONS of hummingbirds...heaven...

So I need to get out more, and if more pain meds can do it, I see nothing wrong with the name or the dose.

But you're absolutely right, one medication may make me very allergic one year, and then another year, I give it a "go" and it works. It helps to not engage, include or involve ANY other allergens at the same time, such as I'm allergic to eggs, so then I'd back off of that while re-trying an old drug that caused an allergy. It HAS worked!

God bless all.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote